The Center for the Promotion of Livestock and Biodiversity that will be created in Anogeia aims to reveal the close and enduring relationship between man and nature and demonstrate a long tradition in the area of Psiloritis. At the same time, it aims to combine two seemingly contradictory concepts, livestock breeding and biodiversity, in the context of supporting and promoting a particularly important productive activity by protecting and managing the nature upon which production is based.
The project implementation is undertaken by the company association "OikoM Ltd. - TETRAGON SA".
The exhibition is based upon the following principles:
- The richness of nature, history and human activities that dominate and compose the landscape.
- The practice of farming marked the place and gave it special features, some of which are still preserved and constitute an important productive and cultural capital for a wider geographical area.
- The protected areas of Nature, the areas of the NATURA 2000 Network are inextricably linked to archaeological sites, monuments, historical sites and productive areas of special tourist interest.
- The Natural and Cultural Landscape is the backdrop for improving the competitiveness of the tourism product of a wider geographical area by supporting innovative actions.
- The Geopark as an international designation and recognition of Psiloritis is also associated with nature, culture and production in the region, also constituting a characteristic and unique landscape.
The project tasks will involve:
- Research, recording and museological documentation,
- Preparation of the relevant museological and museographic study,
- Design, construction and installation of a permanent interpretation exhibition,
- Production and installation of digital interactive applications,
- Design, construction and installation of the necessary equipment for the presentation - learning - education, administration, reception & exhibition areas,
- Formulating a proposal for the surrounding of the building,
- Implementation of information activities for visitors,
- Designing and producing visit/tour programs
Event at Anogeia
On the 17th of September 2021, the Municipality of Anogeia organized an open event in Armi Square, in Anogeia, to present the proposals for the creation of an exhibition center within the context of the project "Design, organization, production and installation of an interpretation exhibition" of the "Center for the Promotion of Livestock and Biodiversity in Psiloritis Natural Park".
During the event, representatives of the Contractor, the company association "OikoM Ltd. - TETRAGON SA", presented to the local community the individual thematic units of the center, while also having the opportunity to hear and record the views and suggestions of the residents of Psiloritis. Indicative of the importance of the whole project is that the event was attended by residents, but also representatives of organizations, not only from Anogeia, but from other areas of Psiloritis, demonstrating the multidimensional nature of the project.
"In a greeting addressed by the Mayor of Anogeia, Mr. Socrates Kefalogiannis expressed his belief that these kinds of projects and actions promote the main production activity of Anogeia, animal husbandry, while also contributing to the recording and publicity of the intangible cultural inheritance of the area. The project, he mentioned, is about the whole area of Psiloritis Natural Park, which should and will have a wholistic approach in the promotion and projection of the production activities throughout."
Source: ANOGEIA MUNICIPALITY Official Site (Greek)
The event was attended, among others, by representatives of the Municipal Authority and the Official Opposition of the Municipality of Anogeia, representatives of the Livestock Associations of the area of Psiloritis and the Hellenic Livestock Association, the president of the Cretan branch of the Geotechnical Chamber of Greece, the head of the Anogeia Environmental Education Center, businessmen of catering and tourism in Psiloritis as well as citizens of the area.